So now we can start thinking about the New Year, our hopes and goals, here is my Reading Challenge I’ve made for you all!
I’m going to use it to try and get myself to 150 in 2019! What are your goals for 2019?
Here’s the plain text version for any of those that need it ^.^
LB the Librarian’s 2019 Reading Challenge
Set a Goal
25, 50, 100, 150
Work out how many books a week your goal requires!
1. A beautifully illustrated non-fiction book
2. A novel from the year you were born
3. Listen to an audio book on a road trip
4. Find a “mystery” book
5. A book about a “fad” lifestyle like Hygge or Ikigai
6. A book about mental health
7. A story with a character you want to look like
8. A story from a ‘100 books to read before you die’ list
9. Your favourite Harry Potter book
10. A book that was studied in school by someone, but not you.
11. A book with a cover that bores you but the blurb excites you
12. A book you found
13. A book from a charity shop
14. A book with no words
15. A book in another language
16. Read a book out loud to a child
17. A banned book
18. A debut by a BAME author
19. A dystopian ‘classic’
20. A book from a ‘staff picks’
21. A book from a library returns trolley.
22. A book you wanted to read as a kid, but never got around to.
23. A book by a woman in translation
24. The oldest book on your TBR
25. A book with LGBTQIA+ characters
26. A graphic novel written by a Woman of Colour
27. A book about to be adapted.
28. A book you saw being read by a stranger
29. A book given to you by someone as a gift
30. The last book you saw in a shop window that caught your eye.